Friday, December 28, 2018

Some additional pictures from Granny's house

Cousin Marty supplied some additional pictures with captions from Granny's house in Lakeside:
This is the backyard of that house. Building on left is the workshop. Their children purchased this house for them, when they moved from 3rd street.

Foundation for the kitchen and bathroom being added to house.

Cousin Susie contributed: I have fond memories of that house. I think one thing that stands out is both of them sitting in the dining room. Granny playing solitaire. And Grandpop drinking coffee.

I remember the house more when Granny lived there by herself... Grandpa died when I was 6, I think. I remember that Granny had a dish on her dresser that she put hair into when she pulled it out of her hairbrush or comb - if I remember correctly, the dish had a hole in the top into which you could poke the hair, and then the whole top came off to empty it. I don't know why she wouldn't have put it directly into the trash... maybe trash was burned and they didn't want to burn the hair? Or... maybe she used the hair for some other purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment