Monday, December 30, 2019

The Most Read Bible Verse in 2019

I recently saw this report with information from YouVersion about the most read Bible verse for 2019:
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2019/december/youversion-announces-most-read-bible-verse-of-2019-stunning-increase-in-number-of-people-reading-scriptures

I have written before that I really appreciate the use of the YouVersion app and its Bible reading plans. I haven't yet decided which plan I will use for 2020...
I have enjoyed using the "Solid Life Whole Bible Reading Plan" for the past few years. I like it because it goes near chronologically through the Old Testament and the New Testament is read twice - so you get Old and New Testament readings each day. Psalms are often read on the same day as corresponding events; historical books such as the Kings are read along with the books of the prophets that were contemporary with the kings.
This year, in my Discipleship Group at church, I also used the F260 Bible Plan - "a two hundred and sixty day reading plan that highlights the foundational passages of scripture that every disciple should know". With 260 readings, the plan has two days per week of no planned reading to allow for time to catch up if you get behind.

I highly recommend the YouVersion app - try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment