Saturday, February 13, 2016

Visitor of the humming-sort

A day or two ago, a hummingbird peered in at the front window of the bus, as if to say, "You've got a feeder, now why not fill it and put it out for me?!?!?"

So, I did... I hung it off the passenger side mirror. It hangs a bit below the window, so I cannot see it unless I am right at the front and looking out. When Dwayne got back from Lowes yesterday afternoon, he called me from the Jeep and told me he was waiting to come in because the feeder was so popular! I went out, and there were 4-6 buzzing around. I had never had them fly so close to my head - sounding like bumblebees.

I moved the feeder to the pine tree near the bus, but the critters were still going to the mirror and then looking at me accusingly. So, I dug another feeder out of the storage bin and filled it - with the plan to put it on the mirror. I walked outside, and they started feeding at it while I still was holding it in my hand!
 





I think these pictures are of at least two different ones... though the coloring on the head appears redder and no-so-red based on the degree of sunshine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment