Saturday, November 24, 2018

Do you live in a "God has a plan" state or an "I can do all things" state?

I often do online research using the BibleGateway site. They sent me an email to have me go to their site and see some results of data collection that they had done - it was an entry that was written about a year ago, and the title was:

Do You Live in a “God Has a Plan” State or an “I Can Do All Things” State?

Check it out - I think it is an interesting article! Which kind of state do you live in?

Then I followed another link, that reflects the frequency of certain search terms depending on the time of the year - this is on 2014-2016 data. I thought the way that it showed how search terms were used was interesting.

https://www.biblegateway.com/year-in-review/2016/

As an example, look for "cross" and see how the date of higher usage of the search term varies by year (I'm guessing based on when Easter was each year).
Check out "bethlehem" with its explosion of use in December each year.
Check out "suffering" and "sickness" - each of them go very low at the end of December, but each had a spike in a specific year - I wonder what was going on in history to prompt that?

I'm a data girl! I like data!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment