Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all our US friends and family,

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are so thankful to God for all of His blessings!

It seems that it is quite chilly outside today... when I was at "de bus" yesterday, I moved the remote temperature monitoring device that we recently got working to the wet bay of Miss Doozie. We have bay heaters on Miss Doozie, but we really have never been in very cold weather with her, so we haven't had to be sure that they are working, and of course, we are not usually away from the bus for more than a few hours. I don't want the water systems to freeze and cause a problem. We got the remote temperature monitoring system so we can monitor the temperature *inside* Miss Doozie when we are away and it is hot - to be sure that the electricity and air conditioners are keeping the environment from getting too hot for the kitties. I moved the sensor and its probe to the wet bay and have been watching the temperature there via an app on my phone:
I named it "CatEnvTemp" based on what I planned for its normal use. I currently have the app set to send an alert if the temperature gets below 40F. I think that the bay heaters must be set to 50 degrees because the temperature has stayed around that point. If I had been clever, I would have put the sensor in the wet bay and hung the probe so it extended outside the compartment so I could see the difference between the bay temperature and the outside temperature... but I didn't think about that!
I think that tonight is the only time that it is predicted to get down into the 20s - so there should not be any issue.

In case anyone is interested, we got a LaCrosse product:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081UR76G
It uses our MiFi device to send the signal out, and there is a subscription fee (after the first 3 months) of $11.88/year ($0.99/month) for the alerts. I don't know but it is possible that you can use the app to monitor without getting text/email alerts without paying the yearly charge. So far, we like it... though if you don't tell your husband that you moved the sensor from the inside of the bus to one of the compartments, he might get worried that the kitties will be getting cold! (whoops! note to self: communicate with your spouse when you move the sensor to a new location!)

This doesn't show up as pretty as it looked, but the sky is a brilliant blue - this is looking up from the couch in Dwayne's room to the outside in the courtyard.
We're praying that all of you in the US have had a blessed Thanksgiving Day, and that you're staying warm wherever you are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment