Monday, August 17, 2015

Pretty girls

We won't be able to take all the pictures and tchotchkes* with us in the bus, so we're taking digital photos of many of them, or scanning in hardcopy photos to softcopy, so we can display on a digital photo album that we can take with us.

Two of the pictures that I've had since childhood are of two pretty girls.

This one was hanging in the living room of the house where we lived until I was six. As I recall, the frame was painted to match the woodwork in that room. I think it also hung in the house on the farm, but I cannot recall where.
Isn't she cute?
It was interesting that as I took it out of the frame, I found information about the picture. Evidently someone started with a black and white version of the picture and painted it according to instructions - the instructions indicated the color of hair, eyes, and dress. I always figured that they started with a color photograph and painted a likeness. (Note: the picture is of me!)

The second is of one of my good friends in grade school. I think we were in the same class in 5th grade, then separated in 6th (our last names determined which class we would be in, and she was in 6A and I was in 6B), and then together again in 7th grade.
This was the dress she wore for our 5th grade play, and the picture was done at the Ward's house, if I remember correctly.
 This is the friend, Becky, with whom I was able to re-connect that I wrote about recently!


* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tchotchke

No comments:

Post a Comment