Sunday, April 5, 2015

Christ is Risen! Christ is Risen, Indeed!

What a wonderful truth - the basis of our beliefs! That Jesus came to earth, fully man and fully God, lived a sinless life, and yet took on the penalty of my sin (and your sin too!) and suffered death and separation from His Father due to the consequences of my sin. Three days later, He rose from the dead, triumphant over death, and is enthroned next to His Father in heaven. He makes me clean and right with God through His own sacrifice; God reached out and in His sovereignty, made a way for me to receive the righteousness of Jesus; I only need to accept Him as my Lord and Savior. What an amazing truth that I get to live in this confidence!

We are in Roswell, NM, today, and I had the opportunity to worship with the church family at First Baptist Church in Roswell. The pastor was our youth pastor back at MacArthur Boulevard Baptist, and our dear friends, Burton and Nancy Hill, are here in Roswell also. We got to be with Burton and Nancy this afternoon along with several other folks from their church family. What a blessing to be with our "family" today!

No comments:

Post a Comment