Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Memories

It is amazing what you find when you clear everything out of your house... and we haven't really even started on the closets or attic yet!

Came across a brochure from Chickahominy Academy - with a picture of my second grade class in our classroom that was in one of the outbuildings at River's Edge Plantation.
The blond in the front of the far right row is I! (Does using "I" sound as wrong to you as it does to me?" I recognize Bobby Sisk, Clay Cavedo, and Dawn Atkins behind me. In the next row over, Bet Doar is at the front, not sure about the next girl, Phil (maybe Huffman?), not sure, Jon Black; next row Janice Adams, can't tell the person behind her, Lisa Glenn, Jeff Copeland, and I think it may be the teacher in the far back; the row next to the stairs - Gayla Wright, Dave Black, Donna Black.

 If I remember correctly, we had 3 different teachers that year. One of them allowed us to go upstairs to play if we finished our school work. I think our jumping around up there caused the house to nearly come down - I remember there being braces put up in our classroom to hold the second floor up.

The last teacher we had (who stayed for the majority of the year, I think) was Miss Ferguson. She was the daughter of the principal. I think he lived in the main house which also contained the classrooms for 3rd-7th grade. (1st grade was in the same building as us, but was on the other side of the garage, if I remember correctly.) Miss Ferguson had a terrier dog and she would allow one of us to go over and get him to come out for play time when we had recess.
This was also in the brochure - "modern" school bus, huh? Wonder if it was a Blue Bird???



No comments:

Post a Comment