Friday, October 7, 2016

Sweet old bull - Henry

Back in May, I posted about the sweet Hereford bull, Henry, (http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/2016/05/sweet-henry.html) that niece Ginny bred, raised, and showed, and who has been one of the breeding bulls on the Poplar Springs farm for many years.

We heard from Jimmy this week that Henry had to be put down. He had gotten to the point that he could no longer get up (even for his grain) and so they had to make the compassionate decision for him. Jimmy also told us, though, that the first 4 calves born this fall were Henry's offspring, so it is likely that there will be reminders of his legacy around the farm for a while longer.

When we left the farm in June, I told Dwayne that I thought Henry would be gone before we got back there again and I was sad about that.

I will miss you, Henry, you sweet old bull!

May 20, 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment