Sunday, October 23, 2016

Things that make you go "huh?"

I may have mentioned at some time in the past that when we were traveling we would often eat at Sam's Club for lunch - more so when we had Miss Daisy as it was easier to fuel her at Sam's (she was smaller and took gasoline).

And we really would pay for and eat lunch - not just graze through the free samples in the store!

There was always something that made me go "huh?" with their menu items. Saturday when we went to get the new tire for the Jeep (Jeep tire saga), I took a picture...

In case you cannot read with the print being out of focus, here are the items that I find "interesting":
  • Item 1: All-Beef Hot Dog - $1.30 for just the hot dog, $1.50 for the hot dog with drink. For 20 cents more you get a large drink.
  • Item 3: Pizza slice - $1.98 for pizza slice (you actually get two pieces of pizza) or $2.49 for pizza slice with a drink -- 51 cents more for a large drink.
  • Item 7: Pretzel - 99 cents for pretzel alone, $1.78 for pretzel with a drink -- 79 cents more for a large drink.
Why does the cost of adding on large drink cost different amounts depending on what you combine it with????

And... It is only after I got to studying the picture that I noticed a picture of a drink on the "Item 2" panel - I don't know whether that is saying the price of a large drink by itself is $1.78 or not - the picture is too out of focus for me to read it, but I kind of think that is the price of a drink by itself.

I will mention that at one time, I tried asking the Sam's employee who was working at the counter why it was the case... and I don't think I did a good enough job explaining what I perceived to be an inconsistency... so, if you don't understand this post, then, well, I just am no good at explaining things that make me go "huh?"!

No comments:

Post a Comment