Wednesday, December 10, 2014

An RV sized drive thru!

When we are traveling, if we want to get on the road early, sometimes we'll leave without fixing breakfast and look for a Sonic to get a breakfast burrito somewhere further down the road. Sonic Drive-ins are pretty common in Texas, and I guess across the south.

When we left Escapees in Livingston, I looked for a Sonic on the way, and there was one in Livingston, but I remembered from September that it was not very RV-accessible. So, I looked for one further along, and found one in Onalaska, TX.

To determine if a restaurant (or gas station, or store, or anything else) is reasonable for RV access, googlemaps is a GREAT tool. When I looked up this Sonic, I could see what looked to be an 18-wheeler in the back of the parking lot.
http://goo.gl/maps/GIepm
Usually that's what we need to do - park in the back, and then walk up to the patio or to a stall that is intended for a car to place our order.

But!  When we got to this Sonic, and drove around the back, "what to our wondering eyes should appear..." but a sign specifically for US!
How nice, huh?

Our picture of the actual drive-thru is not as great -



but suffice it to say that there was no overhead obstacle, and, though I couldn't reach the order speaker from my driver's side window, I was able to just open the door and reach it!  Wowee!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment