Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Meeting up with friends -- JoAnn and Dave

The last few years I worked at IBM, I managed a global team with members all across US and Canada, and even two folks overseas (Germany and Australia). While early in my management, we had opportunities to get together face-to-face, in later years, that didn't happen as much. One of my employees, JoAnn Woodruff, had worked for me for a few years (I think maybe 4?) and I had never had the opportunity to meet her face-to-face. We remedied that yesterday, when JoAnn and Dave came to visit Miss Daisy!

They then took us to see their boat, the Nordic Star.
It is a beautiful boat! FYI - there are a lot of similaries between motorhomes and live-aboard boats!


Tonight, we met them for dinner at Southwestern Yacht Club, where they are members (and where they hope to eventually be able to move their boat.

Dave and JoAnn
It was GREAT to finally get to meet JoAnn in person!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment