Sunday, February 8, 2015

She was lost, but now she's found...

No - this isn't the story of someone coming to Jesus... I wish it was, but I'm happy nonetheless.

When we got home this evening, somehow Miss Kitty got out. We didn't even know it for a couple of hours, but when she didn't come out after we were settled in the evening, we started looking and couldn't find her. We looked and looked inside - we just couldn't believe she had gotten out. We finally had to accept that she wasn't inside and she must have gotten out. Dwayne walked and walked and walked around the campground. We made up "Lost Cat" posters and Dwayne put them in the various public buildings. I stayed at the Trek and just kept calling her. I prayed and asked God to take care of her; I knew He knew where she was, and if He wanted us to keep her, He would bring her back to us.

We were about to call it a night, Dwayne had come back and was about to come in; we were talking - I was on the steps and he was outside, when we heard a kitty cry... oh my goodness... we both started calling her and she came out from under the Trek. I don't know whether she had been hidden up in the insides somewhere for all that time (she had been out for almost 5 hours by the time we found her).

But, we're just thankful that God brought her back to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment