Monday, November 23, 2015

The Gift of an Ordinary Day

I watched a video recently of an author reading from her book: The Gift of an Ordinary Day

I was reflecting on the past few days and thinking about how much I appreciate just "ordinary days" - days with nothing particular scheduled, just enjoying God and His glory and His love.

Yesterday we got to enjoy being with our church family - it was SO great to be able to worship together with our family! I especially appreciated getting to see the Primrose boys - just love those little ones! It was also parent-and-child dedication Sunday - what a joy to see the youngsters that God has blessed our fellowship with! I also got to visit with friends Charleyne and Clive - so good to see them again, and hear about when they lived in Arizona.

Today I got to visit with my friend Naina, enjoying a relaxing massage with her! I have been dealing with a painful right shoulder, and she was able to work on it and it feels tons better.

We also visited at the house on Meadowglen Circle on Saturday, and realized that we had some stuff that needed to be taken care of, so we went back over today to clear out some things from the garage and solarium. We still have some additional things to take care of, but were glad to accomplish quite a bit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment