Thursday, March 24, 2016

Living on Saturday

I was recently directed to a blog of a young woman who had found out during her second pregnancy that their baby had a severe abnormality that would ultimately lead to their son's death just minutes after birth. This isn't an area of life with which I have any experience, but I found the young woman's blog to be very insightful and challenging. I ended up going to the first entry of her blog and reading all the way through to the end.

One particular entry
http://anticipatingarthur.blogspot.com/2015/10/we-will-be-sad-forever.html
on the first anniversary of their son's birth and death talks about the story in their daughter's story-book Bible of the day between Jesus' death and resurrection, the discouragement of that day for His followers. She writes:
I’m glad this little story Bible devoted a chapter to the angst and sorrow of Jesus’ followers.  Because wedged between that Friday and Sunday was one sad, dark, lonely day.  And in a way, that Saturday is where all of human history takes place.  Between the garden and eternity is one long, confusing, sorrowful hunk of time.  God has made promises, but we can’t see when or how He will keep them.  He has told us about the joy that is coming, but it seems so far away that we really believe we will be sad forever.  We live our whole lives in that in-between where Jesus’ followers spent a day.
As we are so near the remembrance of Jesus' death and resurrection, I thought some of my friends might enjoy reading this too. Some days it is hard to believe that Sunday is coming, but it is! And it will be so much more glorious because of living through Saturday to get there!

I recommend reading her blog - the first entry is here:
http://anticipatingarthur.blogspot.com/2014/05/introducing-cadence.html
It took me a couple of hours to read them all, but, as I said above, I found her writing to be insightful and challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment