Monday, March 28, 2016

TOO MANY emails!

Ugh - I finally am over the top on the number of emails I get every day! (Patti typing)

I really like gmail and the fact that it filters the emails into different categories, and that helps a lot. But I end up just deleting wide swaths of the ones that come into the "Promotions" tab. I added to my problem by trying a survey site that ended up signing me up for a bunch more emails.

So... now I'm taking a different tack and each week I'm going through and unsubscribing from a number of the regular emails I get. I used to be afraid that giving them any feedback would let them know that there was a real person and I would actually get more emails, but at least with some of these, I know that I did sign up at some point in the past and I think they will honor my request to unsubscribe.

Some of the emails are from causes and companies that I used to care about a lot, but with changes in our priorities, it makes sense to have our emphasis in other areas. I'm thinking this is probably something I should do about once a year - a spring cleaning.

Already, after only two weeks of working on this, I'm seeing a dramatic decrease in the number of emails in the Promotions tab. It takes longer than just deleting a swath of emails, but ultimately I think it will make me a lot happier!

Do any of my friends do something similar that works for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment