Sunday, December 3, 2017

Pictures that stir memories

Niece-by-love Kendra shared some pictures of Ricky and Kendra's boys yesterday:
"I don't need to ride, I can push it MYSELF!"

".... Or, Daddy can push me!"

Sweet tiny Christopher and Mom Kendra

"Daddy sometimes makes us do wheelies! Whee!!!" (note Grandpop Jimmy laughing in the background...)

"It seems to have stopped!"
Joseph is a year and almost 4 months old...

These pictures brought to memory some photos that I had scanned in ... so I looked them up... the ones that these pictures reminded me of actually were of Ginny the Christmas she was two (and she got a little brother (Ricky) for Christmas that year):
Ginny evidently also got a trike for Christmas...

Her legs weren't quite long enough, so Daddy helped...

It looks like Daddy might be helping with steering too...

Daddy's back is getting tired!!!

Granddad (Clarence) has an idea... bailing twine can fix most things...

Yep, bailing twine helps out a lot and saves the back!
While I was looking for these pictures, I found some that showcase current-Dad Ricky on his own push toy - for his first birthday!
"What might this be?"

"Oh wow! It's a fire engine!!! And my sister can push it!"

"Daddy showed me that I could sit on it!"

"My sister can push me on my fire engine!"

"It has a horn!"

"I can blow the horn while my sister pushes me!"

"Mommy is encouraging me!"

"I let my sister ride on it while I opened other presents..."

"Daddy showed me that I could store STUFF under the seat!"
 
"I'm thinking that the engine may need to be worked on..."

"I can pull it around by the steering wheel too!"

"Let me think, what important STUFF did I store in here?"
 
"I like it when Daddy pushes me!"

"I don't think Granddad's bailing twine trick is going to work on this one!"
I love my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment