Tuesday, December 12, 2017

We'll leave the light on for you!

When we got back from our day with Joe and Barbara (http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/2017/12/touring-with-friends.html),
we got to the bus to find...
It is probably hard to tell what you're looking at, but the clearance lights above the windshield and along the top of the bus were all on.
There is a control panel that is horizontal like an armrest area to the left of the driver's seat. There are things there like for setting cruise control, and enabling the engine retarder (we have a fuzzy dot on that and a piece of sugru near it so I can find it quickly without looking while driving), but there are also some light switches - the map light, clearance lights, and fog/driving lights. The only switch which really affects anything when we are stopped is the one for the clearance lights.
I try to remember to put a pillow or cushion over that part of the controls but I had obviously forgotten when we moved here.
Miss Kitty likes walking over the dash and then along that side panel, so if I forget to put the cushion there she turns the clearance lights on. It was kind of nice to come home after dark and have the lights on to welcome us! Do you think she did it on purpose?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. When I locked myself out of MH Lucky saw me as he lay on dash and he jumped over to armrest and hit unlock button. Good cat! Now I put pillow over it so he doesn't open it for burgler!

    ReplyDelete