Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Calibrating torque wrench

I was looking at pictures that I had not yet posted and found these... while we've been in Virginia, we re-torqued the lug nuts... Jimmy suggested that it might be appropriate to get the torque wrench calibrated to ensure that it is correctly measuring the torque.
Amazing - Jimmy found that there was a shop that would perform this service just a couple of miles away!

It passed as the values were within tolerance.

Additional information on the standards that they use.

I think they normally only check 120, 300, and 600 ft-lb, but since we specifically torque at 450 ft-lb, they added a check for that. You can see the reference value, what tolerance values are for below and high, and what they found on our wrench.
Always fun to learn new stuff! I can't say I understand everything about this, but, getting your equipment checked to make sure that its results are within specification is valuable!

No comments:

Post a Comment