Monday, December 24, 2018

The things you do for love....

A few weeks ago, I was at Walmart on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, picking up some things that we needed for the next few days at the hospital. I thought that was pretty crazy, but at least I didn't have to go on the Friday after Thanksgiving...

But...
...instead, I went on Christmas Eve...
The wound care nurse at the inpatient rehab center recommended that we get "tights" to help to compress Dwayne's legs and encourage the swelling (fluid) to move back up his legs into his torso and be eliminated... she recommended running pants that I would be able to get at Walmart.

Did you know that Walmart closes at 6pm on Christmas Eve?
Did you know that about 2 million (give or take a few thousand) people are doing last minute shopping at 5:45pm on Christmas Eve?

Well... I certainly did not know either of those facts, but I can attest to them now! The picture was of the lines at the checkout registers when I entered the store. The best thing I can say is that I was not the last person in the store! People were friendly and happy and kind - so it was not a bad experience. But only for my sweet husband would I brave Walmart on Christmas Eve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment