Thursday, December 27, 2018

Do any of my cousins remember?

Do any of my cousins remember this house?

This was the house that Granny and Grandpa Hunt lived in on Irisdale Avenue in Lakeside.
As I remember, my Mom told me that when they purchased the house, the ad in the paper said it was something like "three rooms and a path" - i.e. no indoor plumbing. If I remember correctly, Grandpa put in the bathroom and kitchen and did other additions to the house too. Grandpa was a carpenter - the building in the back yard, if it isn't the same building, is at least in the same spot as Grandpa's carpenter shop.

When I was driving Dwayne from the hospital over to the inpatient rehab center, I realized that we were not far from the neighborhood where Granny's house had been - so we drove by it last Friday. It was near dark when we went by there, so I went back by on another day to take this picture. I wasn't sure I would remember it, but it was definitely recognizable when I got there!

No comments:

Post a Comment