Sunday, January 27, 2019

Pictures from the last few days

For anyone who is not also connected with us on CaringBridge (https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dwaynecartwright), Dwayne was admitted to St. Luke's hospital here in Houston on Friday for high heart rate, shortness of breath, and exhaustion. He is still in St Luke's though he may be transferred to MD Anderson soon... but as a result, I haven't been posting on the blog...

But, I've taken some pictures to share, and here they are!
Reflection of the Saturday morning sunrise on Texas Children's Hospital out Dwayne's window on 7th floor of St Luke's

Tabitha and...

... Miss Kitty - taken to send to Dwayne when I stopped by the bus on Saturday afternoon.

Cafeteria sign on Saturday - I was so excited to get Peach Cobbler Soup! It doesn't count as a dessert, right?!?!?!?

I had seen information about the DAISY Award when Dwayne was in Bon Secours in Virginia. I was thinking that it was a recognition within their hospital system, so was surprised to see it here at St Luke's (which is part of CHI (Catholic Health Initiatives) and Baylor) -- by the way, the sign at the corner of the hospital identifies it as "St Luke's Episcopal Hospital" -- combining Catholic, Episcopal and Baptist (Baylor) - ecumenical, wouldn't you say?
 Anyway, the DAISY award... on that sign, it says, "In Memory of J Patrick Barnes", so I looked it up, https://www.daisyfoundation.org/

An acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune SYstem, The DAISYFoundation was formed in November, 1999, by the family of J. Patrick Barnes who died at age 33 of complications of Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP). The nursing care Patrick received when hospitalized profoundly touched his family.
J. Patrick Barnes was actually treated at a hospital in Seattle and that is where the program started, but the program has spread to hospitals across the US and beyond.
I particularly noticed because Dwayne's nurse from Saturday morning has been recognized with a Daisy award!

This is a work of art on the wall on the way to the cafeteria. These remind me of Chihuly's work, but I am pretty sure that they are not (I couldn't find any identification plaque).
Anyway, I thought you might enjoy some of my images from the last few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment