Sunday, January 20, 2019

Zimbabwe

I have been reading about Zimbabwe this week - if you haven't heard, from what I've read, they are having a lot of unrest, and the government initially cut off all communication (internet, cell phones), when they turned it back on, they disabled a lot of social media access.
https://www.sapeople.com/2019/01/19/letter-from-zimbabwe-the-silencing-of-our-voices-by-cathy-buckle/?fbclid=IwAR2UGQG5zWiRNog34renlSob5tipRiNm7GJRYp74azAkTUh8Zs8mJaiLULw

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/18/zimbabwe-reimposes-internet-blackout-crackdown-anti-government/?fbclid=IwAR3gL_BLGtWE7aFZU3uHdagZVrXpMZB_mlLKJZ4JyjM0X28P2psyxV4xzXY

The president of the country is visiting other countries, I guess in an attempt to bring investment and jobs to his country (or, that is what he indicates). One of the ironies was that the president issued a statement on Facebook asking for calm, during the time that the people of his country could not access the internet or Facebook...

I don't pretend that I understand all that is going on there, but I can pray for wisdom and peace.

It just so happened that this morning, this song came up from one of my friends - from what I have found, it turns out that this group is from Zimbabwe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VlhPd9OiIQ
I loved the words and the harmony of the singing.
I've heard them sing "He Paid The Price"
and "Jesus Bore It All"
I've heard them sing "I'm Coming Home"
and "Hear The Master's Call"
I've heard them sing the modern songs
and songs of long ago
But "Amazing Grace, How Sweet The Sound"
is the sweetest song I know
Amazing grace (Amazing grace, how sweet the sound)
How sweet the sound (Oh how sweet is the sound)
No sweeter song (sweeter song, sweeter song)
Could e'er be found (In this life could be found)
I've heard of a fountain (Heard of the dear Savior's blood)
Filled with blood (That washed us white, white as snow)
But "Amazing Grace" ("Amazing Grace, How Sweet The Sound")
Is the sweetest song I know
It was the song my mother sang
in sweet and humble voice
Like music from the world above,
it made my soul rejoice
Its soothing words and melody
like rippling waters flow
But, "Amazing Grace, How Sweet The Sound"
is the sweetest song I know 


No comments:

Post a Comment