Thursday, June 20, 2019

A reminder from the past...

Facebook reminded me of a post that I made 4 years ago, on June 19, 2015. This would have been in the time period after we had decided that we wanted to go fulltime in the RV, we had sold our first rig, Miss Daisy, and had selected Miss Doozie, but didn't own it yet. I was sorting through decades of "stuff" that was in our house to prepare it to sell, and I posted this:
I'm going through papers that my mom had saved. One is an article in The Mechanicsville Local on 10/9/2002, about Dan Murphy, a former Assistant Principal and Athletic Director at Lee-Davis High School. He was dealing with Parkinson's disease, and a couple of quotes really spoke to me: "Life is like a book. God is the author. My present circumstances are the chapter I'm in. And, the end will be good because God is the author." And, another: "Trials are not the enemy of faith, but are an opportunity to be faithful to God."
Those quotes still speak to me, probably a bit different than they did back in 2015...

No comments:

Post a Comment