Thursday, June 6, 2019

Some news from Papua New Guinea

I was blessed to hear Marsha Relyea Miles speak several years ago in our Perspectives class. She and her first husband, John Relyea, were instrumental in the New Testament translation for the Aruamu people in Papua New Guinea (PNG).

Watch this video of the celebration when the New Testament was brought:
https://pioneerbible.org/videos/the-aruamu-transformed-by-gods-word


Pioneer Bible Translators is one of the groups that are also on/near the campus where I am staying. Two of the fellows from PNG, David and Martin, are here on the Dallas campus as they are working on exegetical checking of the Old Testament.

They saw me with Miss Doozie when I returned to the campground from the RV Service Center a couple of weeks ago and were very impressed with me driving my "house" along the road.

Yesterday, when I was serving lunch, when David and Martin came through the line, we celebrated as they had completed their exegetical checking on the last remaining chapter in the Old Testament on Tuesday!!!

Check out Marsha's May, 2019 prayer letter here with how God was blessing the translators / checkers with greater knowledge of Him even during the checking work.

And, this was just recently published, "When the Unreached Become Missionaries" - also about PNG and Pioneer Bible Translators' work there.

No comments:

Post a Comment