Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Enjoying the area around Henderson's

As is my normal activity in a new town, yesterday afternoon I went to googlemaps and did a search for "gelato near me". We enjoy splurging on a special dessert once a week or so. Googlemaps did not find gelato, but it did show me a place called "Yumberry Bowl" that was quite close to us. I checked their website and it looked interesting!  http://www.yumberrybowl.com/

I wanted to get some walking in, so we decided to walk over there.
They had quite an extensive menu (I had looked at it on the website too). We asked what the most popular choices were and the ladies there suggested Bali Breeze or The Rio.

I got The Rio - this is after I had eaten down from the top - I should have taken a picture when we first got it - it was so pretty!

Dwayne got the Australian Outback - I had thought I would get that... but I wanted to be able to taste two different ones. I think I would get the Australian Outback if we go again because I like chocolate so much!
 On the way back to the bus, we passed a tool shop... Dwayne wanted to go in. It was a used tool shop...
I looked for a wrench to complete one of Jimmy's sets - no joy! They had two Blue Points, but not the right size.

Dwayne noticed these large copper cylinders...

.... lots of stuff --- really good stuff --- for someone, I'm sure!

Dwayne had a good time looking!

We also got to see a neat mural on the side of a building... the right side of the mural...

...and the left side of the mural.
We also stopped at the Verizon Wireless store to check out a replacement phone for Dwayne. I would like for him to get something newer that would run faster. All in all, a nice walk and neat things to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment