Saturday, October 28, 2017

Reading information on the walls...

Yesterday the wheel for the bus came in, so we picked it up and took it to the tire place in hopes that they could mount the tire on Friday. The fellow we needed to talk with was on the phone when we arrived, so I busied myself by observing the information on the walls...
I first noticed a teeshirt that indicated that they were supporters of the Basically Beef 4H Club. Then I started noticing the "Thank You" certificates all around the top of the wall, thanking Tehama Tires for purchasing show steers each year...

More Thank You certificates... and a couple of thank you notes...


A note from a young man raising a lamb encouraging Tehama Tire to consider purchasing his lamb.
Hi, my name is Parker Roberts, and I'm inviting you to the 2017 Josephine County Fair. This is my first year in 4-H and with the Faithful farmers 4-H club. This year I'm raising a market lamb. I am going into the 5th grade at New Hope Christian School. I play baseball and football and I love fishing, hunting and being in the outdoors.
My lambs (sic) name is Dash. He is very calm and gentle. Dash was 40lbs when I got him. Currently he weighs 119lbs and I expect him to weigh 147lbs by fair. I take him on a walk every day and then we work on our showmanship in my yard. I have really enjoyed raising Dash and learning how to care for a market lamb properly. I am exited (sic) to see what happens at fair. Thank you for reading my letter and I hope to see you at the Junior Livestock Auction on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 10am. Please consider Parker and Dash.
Sincerely,
Parker Roberts

A thank you note from a couple of years ago...

The steer they purchased this year.

Hi my name is Julie King. I am 10 years old this (sic) is my frsit (sic) year in 4-h I am raising a market lamb, I named my Sheep Hudson When your (sic) in 4-h you have to feed your lamb and give your lamb water I feed 8 cups of grain two Times a Day. I would love for you to come and enjoy a Day of auctioning and fun to support me and everone (sic) eles (sic) in 4-h
Julie and Hudson's pictures -- isn't she a cutie?!?!?
 Lest you think that only the tire store has interesting information on the walls...
We also went back to Cartwrights - I got a picture of my Mr Cartwright in front of one of the Cartwright's signs.

Interesting information found on the wall at Cartwright's

Unfortunately, no mounted tire to show... supposedly the shop is open today, but I'm thinking that they won't be mounting our tire until Monday. Our times are in God's hands!
14 But I trust in you, Lord;
    I say, “You are my God.”
15 My times are in your hands;  (Ps 31:14-15a)

No comments:

Post a Comment