Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Another day, another doctor (or a couple)

Today were some of *my* doctor appointments...
I had decided to get some more specialized care at UT Southwestern...
...in their Optometry department. Both my mom and dad had age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Last summer, we met up with some RVing folks (now friends) and the wife has had issues with AMD. I talked with her about what doctors she had seen, and became convinced that I should probably be a bit more proactive about my eye care. I've had this appointment scheduled for several months. Dr Katrina Parker saw me, and she indicated that everything was great with my eyes - other than the "normal" things for my age - floaters (she said that, at age 58, 58% of the population has floaters, at 70, 70%, and so on!), and the beginning of cataracts that impact my comfort at driving at night (halos around lights, glare). But no sign at this point of any issues with AMD. Praise God!

In the downtown area of Dallas, I saw lot of bicycles like the ones I wrote about a few week ago in Mesa (http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/2018/03/need-bike-take-bike.html).

As we were leaving UT Southwestern, Dwayne identified what he thought was a B-17 flying overhead. We think it was part of the Wings of Freedom tour (http://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/the-wings-of-freedom-military-plane-tour-lands-at-dallass-love-fields-frontiers-of-flight-museum-10529305)

While we were in the office at UT Southwestern, GroupOn told me that there was a deal at some restaurants nearby - and there was one for Mama's Daughters' Diner! $12 for $20 of food, and GroupOn was offering a 20% discount today, so it was $9.60 for $20 of food!
Roast beef and potatoes for me!

Chicken fried steak for Dwayne!

Strawberry-Banana Pie...

and Apricot Fried Pie completed our meal.
Yum! Definitely *not* on our diet.... we'll do better tomorrow!

We then headed to my dermatologist's office, where I also got a clean bill of health!

No comments:

Post a Comment