Monday, April 23, 2018

Another rig on the lot with us

I had noticed a rig that had obviously had a "problem" -- it is parked outside the fenced area where we are located, and I noticed that there were a couple of the "sales" RVs parked beside it that somewhat hid it from easy view over the past few days, but today, those rigs had been moved and the problem rig was exposed...
So I got some pictures... my initial thought was that it had suffered a refrigerator fire. The vents that are near the top on the side are where the refrigerator would be, and the gas absorption refrigerators (that allow the refrigerator to run on 120V or on propane) are the cause of many RV fires.

But the fact that the fender near the dual axle is gone makes me wonder if there was a fire from the axle area - maybe a brake that overheated.
The burn marks seem to extend above and in front of the wheel area, and though it extends to the area of the refrigerator vent, I'm thinking that is not the source area.
I don't like seeing evidence of fires in motorhomes... I know that there are lots of things that can go wrong, and we've tried to ensure that we make our home as safe as possible (for example, I knew that I did not want to have a gas absorption refrigerator and so the fact that Miss Doozie had already had hers replaced with a residential refrigerator was a bonus in our considerations of which rig to purchase). We have smoke detectors (both ionization and photo-electric) and fire extinguishers. I'm hopeful that preparation will ensure that we don't ever need these!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment