Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Some pictures from the hospital...

First: no news on diagnosis today. The blood work that was supposed to be sent out yesterday and the results that were supposed to be returned today did not happen... so now we're waiting for tomorrow!

Oh - and the other conditions that they mentioned could cause the symptoms that Dwayne is exhibiting (besides alcoholism and HIV infections) would also include people who consume moonshine or antifreeze! I have quizzed Dwayne about whether he has been making moonshine and drinking it or antifreeze on the sly... but he says no!

A couple of pictures from today:
Dwayne was toasting me with hummus on a pretzel cracker! I think he looks better today, and we did a couple of laps around the hallways today. The doctor indicated that his bloodwork has not improved though... he did get a good night's sleep last night so we believe that has helped!

This is a picture of the symbols on the side of the blood pressure cuff that is assigned to Dwayne (it is a "reusable" object so he has kept it with him from when he was first in the triage in the ER on Monday). When I first saw it in the triage area, I was trying to figure out what those symbols for #7 and #6 were... I thought #7 was for a cat!
Ok... a closer look shows a crawling child for #7... and I guess #6 is a small baby, but Dwayne and I both think it looks like a teapot or a tea cup or a genie's lamp!
More updates when we know something more about Dwayne's medical condition!

2 comments:

  1. We might need to open up a CSI (Cat Scene Investigation). Maybe the kitties have been secretly putting Antifreeze in his coffee mug. Or perhaps they were hiding their moonshine in his mug and he accidentally drank it? Prayers! Thanks for the update. Janell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, I never thought about Feline influence! But of course, that's it!
      Thanks for the prayers... Patti

      Delete