Sunday, May 26, 2019

Ripley's Believe It Or Not

When I was about 8 years old, Uncle Carl and Auntie Anne took Jimmy and me to Florida to visit cousin Mary Jane and family. I remember many things about that trip - I blogged earlier about "South of the Border" (https://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/2016/05/south-of-border.html) where I wanted to stop (but we did not).

One place that we *did* visit was Ripley's Believe It or Not" in St Augustine, Florida. I thought that there was only one Ripley's Believe It or Not" Museum, and, maybe when we went (1967?) the first one, there in St Augustine, was the only one...

But now, there are many (according to Wikipedia, anyway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripley%27s_Believe_It_or_Not!#Museums). A couple of weeks ago, we were looking for a company that could engrave on a brick for us, and Helen and I ended up next door to the one that is in Grand Prairie, TX.

While she went in to find out prices in anticipation of bringing friends from PNG later, I took pictures outside:
Any guesses?

If you guessed a Giant Barbed Wire Ball, you're right!




But of course, Crochet Lions!



I couldn't find a sign to identify what was special about this gorilla - he appeared to be made from gear parts...

No comments:

Post a Comment