Thursday, August 1, 2019

A video flyover of the campus

Mark told me on Wednesday about a video that was created last year that includes a video flyover of the campus -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16mLQsWy0n4
Some of the RV park is shown at about 1:20 into the video.

I have been told that the campus is 100 acres, and at the highest point in Dallas county. I have a beautiful view of Joe Pool Lake from the volunteer office in the Key building (officially "my" office, though I spend a lot of time in the Mahler building at the Welcome Desk).

Here's a satellite view on Google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/International+Linguistics+Center/@32.665599,-96.9570279,1534m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x864e8fb20c4effdb:0xf33383be60ce30cb!8m2!3d32.665599!4d-96.9526505

You can zoom in or out on the Google map to see more details or more of the surrounding area.
 If the ILC campus were a clock face, the RV park is at about 7 o'clock. There are some other structures that kind of look like RVs that are more at 6 o'clock (and towards the interior of the "clock") - those are mobile homes. The Mahler and Key Buildings are in the "quad" - a quadrangle of buildings at the entrance to the campus (inside the clock face at 12 o'clock).

If any of my DFW friends would like to visit the campus, or if any of my RVing friends would like to come visit (particularly if anyone would be interested in volunteering!!!) -- I would love to have you come visit. I *may* even be able to arrange housing for folks from out of town via the Guest House (though it is frequently full, so that isn't a sure thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment