Monday, August 12, 2019

Anybody wanna study Hebrew with me?

The Abraham Center, a center of study within the Dallas International University, located here on the International Linguistics Center (ILC) campus where I am currently living, is offering some special discounts for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 academic years.

You can read more about the Abraham Center here:  https://www.diu.edu/abraham-center/

News about the discounts can be found here:  https://www.diu.edu/ac-news/

In addition to those discounts, there also will be a Workshop Promotion Rate on AC1305 Basic Biblical Hebrew. The Workshop rate is $150 for this 8 week course. The course will begin on September 17, 2019. The limitations for enrollees of the Hebrew workshop are the same as those for the AC5310 Core Components of Islam Workshop:
Workshop enrollees will not be admitted to Dallas Int’l nor will they receive any credit for the course; they may participate in the class but will not submit homework, grades will not be assigned, nor will any transcripts be issued. The workshop rate is limited to ten participants. Students will make application to attend the workshop at Abraham_Center@diu.edu and after acceptance, make payment as directed.
I am seriously considering signing up for the Basic Biblical Hebrew course. I took Greek in college (back in the dark ages!) because I wanted to learn a language that had a different alphabet from English, and I have appreciated having had that training for many reasons, including that it made reading signs in Cyrillic characters possible (I could sound out the words, even if I didn't know what they meant!). I think I would appreciate being able to look at Hebrew and at least recognize characters...

Are any of my friends interested in taking Basic Biblical Hebrew with me? Class sessions will be Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:25-3:25pm, September 17 - December 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment