Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Perspectives

Last night I attended the first session of Perspectives. This is a course that Dwayne and I took several years ago (8-9 years ago, I think).
https://www.perspectives.org/

I have long characterized the course as "ruining you for the ordinary". The folks from our church who attended the course were all impacted by it in many ways. It is known as a "missions" course, but, to me, it is more appropriately characterized as giving me a view into who God is and what He has been doing and is doing in the world.

Last night was so great! The instructor was Justin Schell. The topic was "Our God is a Missionary God". The course is 15 separate lessons, each having a specific topic, but each taught by a different instructor. So, each time you take the course, it is different, as each instructor brings their own unique message and style.

As an alumni, I can attend the class for free. When I contacted the coordinator of the class, he asked if I might be able to give a ride to one of the graders for the class who would be attending DIU (Dallas International University) and I said that I could. I figured that I could take a total of 3 in addition to me in the Jeep (if I emptied some of the "garage" contents out!) - so I found 2 others to go to participate in the "first night free". They both decided to sign up for the course, so the 4 of us will be going each Monday! In addition to me, there is a retired Wycliffe missionary (teacher), and two DIU students - so we have two retirees and two young people! I am really looking forward to it!

Use the link I posted above, see if there is a course being offered near you, pray about it, and attend it if you can! It is a LOT of work, but, anything worthwhile is... and I believe you'll get out of it what you put into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment