Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Barry M Goldwater Air Force Range

On our way from Organ Pipe to Cottonwood, AZ, we drove through the Barry M Goldwater Air Force Range. As we drove along, we noticed bombers in the air a couple of times. At one point, they were flying pretty low over the highway, so we stopped to watch for a little while.

The pictures on my phone look like specks of dust, but Dwayne got one with his camera that he deemed worthy to share:
A10-Warthog
While we were stopped, I noticed something moving on the ground near the side of Miss Daisy. When I looked more closely, I determined it was a "Horned Toad". His camouflage was ideal as long as he didn't move!
Hint: lower left

Hint: lower center

Hint: center

Hint: center (smaller in frame)

Isn't he gorgeous in an ugly sort of way?

One more from my camera
The aircraft eventually left to head back to base - and then Dwayne took a gorgeous picture of the "Horny Toad".
He said, "You're getting my good side!"
http://www.arizona-leisure.com/horned-toad.html




No comments:

Post a Comment