Thursday, March 26, 2015

Everyday tasks

On days when we're just staying around "home", we're doing things like you are probably doing:

A week ago I was doing our taxes. TurboTax acquiring data electronically from institutions and a fast internet hookup definitely helped. We have tried to get electronic communication from as many institutions/companies as we could. We had gotten our collected mail sent to niece Ginny and that had brought the remainder of the hardcopy items, I hope! We may get one more physical mailing before I file just to be sure. I also did Dwayne's mom's and stepdad's, need to check them over and print out (they must be filed hardcopy).

Yesterday was laundry day. This Thousand Trails campground has an odd "card" system for their laundry (you have to purchase a card and put a certain amount onto it, and then add to it with pre-defined increments, so there is always a little left on the card that you don't get to "use" - I am CHEAP), so we headed in to Cottonwood to a laundry there. While I was doing laundry, Dwayne picked up a prescription at CVS. It has turned out to be handy to have our prescriptions with CVS - they seem to be present in all states (though I have heard they are not in Oregon, so if we end up going there next year, we'll need to consider before going to fill any needed prescriptions). He also got the Jeep washed and got his hair cut.

We have also acquired two items that are supposed to help with our communications and connectivity. We got a WiFi Ranger Elite at Escapade. We installed it while we were at Mission View RV Park in Tucson. Honestly, I can't say that we've been able to make good use of it yet, but I'm not giving up. I think the problem here is that we don't have line-of-sight to the place where the free WiFi is. We had also ordered a Wilson 4G Mobile Cellular Signal Booster from Amazon - also had that sent to niece Ginny. We finally got it installed today and it seems to be helping to boost both the phone and data for my smartphone - so I'm using the internet cycles on my phone instead of the free WiFi at the campground at this point.

We'll be heading over to the clubhouse to use their free WiFi for a couple of meetings with the Technomads today...

Everyday life!

No comments:

Post a Comment