Saturday, March 28, 2015

There's a 'booug' in here...

I suspect this is the case in all families - there are certain words that you say "differently" even though you know the correct pronunciation. Dwayne and I say "booug" (one syllable, not exactly sure how to spell it) instead of "bug".

When we were attempting to rid ourselves of one of the lightweight floppy bugs the other night (I've heard them called May Flies or Mosquito Eaters), and we called it "booug", it reminded me of a video that Jimmy took of Ginny years and years ago.

I think he did the video for our mom. As I remember it, he started off saying that they had a new toy, or two new toys to show her. One was the video camera, the other was the new pony that Ginny was riding on of which he was taking a video. Regina was leading the pony (I think Po was her name). As they came around close to Jimmy, Ginny said something and Jimmy said, "You have a booug in your ear?" (which was evidently what she had said - and "ear" was two syllables "ehr-ah").

The next time around, Jimmy encouraged Ginny to "Wave to Grandma".

Ginny didn't wave, but she did start looking around.

The next time around, "Where's Grandma?" came from Ginny!

Such a cute video - I can see it in my mind's eye.  I sure hope we still have that video somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment