Monday, March 30, 2015

Verde Valley Thousand Trails RV Park and onwards

We spent a week at the Thousand Trails RV Park near Cottonwood, Arizona. It was a LOT more crowded than when we were there in January. The sites at this park are close side-to-side - one rig will be facing east and one west with the hookups in between - once slides are out, you can borrow a cup of sugar just by opening the window. Our closest neighbors weren't actually there while we were; their rig was just there with no one in it. It seemed that was the case with a lot of rigs in the park; I don't really like that, it is like having an abandoned house in the neighborhood.

I have been trying to get Miss Kitty to walk on a harness so she can have outside time but not to just let her outside. I had taken her out and sat on one of our folding chairs. I decided to try a hint I had read - to take the cat a little ways away from the rig and let her walk back on her own (you don't "go for a walk" with a cat, you go where the cat wants to go). I took her over to the picnic table and put her down. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that the ground there was very sandy. Miss Kitty can't resist rolling in sand... she got quite filthy - as a result, she got a good brushing which she also loves... all in all, I think she was quite satisfied with herself.

I got a good picture of the sunset with a reflection on the side of Miss Daisy last night...

Today we drove to Meteor Crater - we contemplated making a day trip up from Verde Valley, but there is an RV Park right by the Crater, and taking our home with us saves us the round trip drive and moves us along the path towards home. Though it was only about 100 miles, we had to climb to 7000' near Flagstaff, and I-17 narrowed to one lane for a short distance that caused quite a backup.
That's a UPS truck with double trailers heading south.
Dwayne outside our rig with view to the west from Meteor Crater RV Park

There is a beautiful high prairie surrounding us - those are trucks on I-40, but we don't hear them at all since they are downwind.



No comments:

Post a Comment