Sunday, March 8, 2015

Things that try to confuse me!

We drove across Arizona on Saturday from Yuma to Marana, just north of Tucson, to be ready to go into Pima County Fairgrounds today.

On the way, just a little ways east of Yuma, I-8 climbed a little and then started a 6% grade down. I noticed a road going over at about the top and checked the Garmin GPS to see what road it was - it was I-8 westbound. For that section of the road, westbound is south of eastbound, like it would be on a motorway in England. When the road flattened out, it crossed back. I guess it made the route of the road better for either climbing or descent.

We are in Arizona and I was looking forward to "keeping" my DST hour until we leave.  Although my phone automatically sets as we change time zones,  it didn't set to  Arizona time, but rather to Mountain Standard Time, so it took the hour away last night.  Now I have the clock set to  manual timezone,  which I will have to remember when leaving Arizona. How many Escapees at Escapade won't notice that their phone clock auto changed incorrectly?

No comments:

Post a Comment