Thursday, March 5, 2015

The beauty of the fields

As we drive around Yuma, I am constantly thinking, "Oh, that's so pretty!" I just love seeing fields of growing things!

Most of the area is pretty flat, but I think where we are staying is called "the Mesa" - there are more fruit trees near us - and when we drive west and then north toward town, we go down a small hill that allows us to overlook a number of fields. We stopped this afternoon on our way back to the campground to take pictures from that vantage.

A picture from the roadside hill - you may think the dark stripes in the middle area are plowed earth, but in fact they are red or purple lettuces

We drove down and stopped alongside the field. I think I may have mentioned that it is illegal to enter a field or an orchard - so we were along the road alongside it. These are both pictures with Dwayne's Canon EOS 70D - it really shows the colors. I had not noticed until we were looking at these pictures that there are really two colors of red lettuce there.
Isn't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment