Friday, December 11, 2015

Estate sale today - but not ours

A member of our church passed away a few months ago and left her home to the church. I found out on Wednesday that they would be having an estate sale to sell many of the things in the home on Friday and Saturday, and volunteered to help out. Dwayne and I both went today to help... Dwayne worked with Clif in the garage, but Lynda assigned me to one of the rooms inside... the book room...

Many of you may know that Dwayne and I had many bookcases full of books that we got rid of when downsizing (I think I counted 60 shelves of books in the house)... so putting me in a room full of books, and books that I would like to read... ooooohhhhhh - the temptation!


I managed to leave this afternoon after only acquiring one book... but... there are still a lot that I would like to have, and I'm not sure my resistance will hold up through tomorrow.

Someone of my Dallas area friends, please come to 127 Ireland in Irving and buy books so I don't have to!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment