Friday, December 4, 2015

Operation Christmas Child Processing Center Today

My friend, Miriam, let me know that Franklin Graham was going to be at the DFW area OCC processing center today, so I signed up to work 9am-3pm and was there when the celebration happened for him being there. There were a lot of volunteers there today: I worked with folks from Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Texas.
Some of the processing lines

A lady from Kansas and one from Texas working the other side of the line I was on.

One of the cute things I saw - this was white socks made into a snowman in the box!

Franklin Graham speaking; the kids on stage were the 6th grade chorus from Prestonwood Christian Academy who came to sing.

Franklin reminded us that our hope is not in the Democrats, or the Republicans, or in any elected official, but in Jesus. As Christians, we need to take seriously our responsibility to pray, and to vote!

I don't know for sure where the boxes that we processed today will be going, but over the past days, they have been destined for Panama, Ukraine, and Ecuador!

No comments:

Post a Comment