Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Some other pictures - GWB Presidential Library and Museum


These were pieces of metal from one of the World Trade Center buildings. The events of 9-11 and afterwards were a large part of the museum. I was surprised by how emotional I got in this area of the museum - I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Behind and around on the walls around these pieces of metal are the names of all the individuals who were killed in the airplanes and the buildings that were destroyed by the acts of terrorism.

One of the docents who was in this area of the museum particularly pointed out this to me, with the comment, "I didn't know that there was a 'Bush Doctrine' until I started working here." I didn't know either.


There was a replica of the Oval Office as it appeared at the time of the Bush Presidency. We were encouraged to sit at the desk and have our picture taken, and to make ourselves comfortable in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment