Wednesday, December 9, 2015

George W Bush Presidential Library and Museum Visit

Photo of brochure we received
I don't exactly know how long the George W Bush Presidential Library has been open in Dallas - I know it has been for a few years. But... familiarity breeds contempt, or so they say, so we had never gone.

Christian BOF friends, Keith and Ruth Ann, had shared a couple of days ago on Facebook that they were planning to go to the GWB Library, and I thought... hmm, that sounds like an interesting thing to do!

So, yesterday, we decided that, since we needed to be "out of the house" all day, and the kitties could stay in the bus (they get confined to the shower to keep them safe), to take in the George W Bush Presidential Library, on the SMU campus in Dallas.

This is the first and only presidential library we have visited, but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I appreciated the personal information about the Bushes, and since I remember much about the time of his presidency, it reminded me of history through which I had lived.

I will create a number of additional posts with pictures and comments from all that we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment