Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Driving the tractor

Dwayne expressed interest in knowing how to operate the tractor to be able to help around the farm, so a couple of evenings ago, Jimmy started us on basic lessons.
Starting and gears

Dwayne trying it out in the field

The cows (these are the "momma cows" of the kindergartners and the teenagers - http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/2017/06/kindergartners-and-teenagers.html)

Dwayne was making loops...

There is an eagle's nest nearby - and one of the eagles was on a branch outside the nest...

The blue arrow points to the left side of the next, and the eagle is just to the right of the nest where the red arrow is pointing.

I zoomed in with this picture so maybe you can kind of see them, though it is fuzzy.

The peanut gallery...


I got a turn on the tractor - I certainly have forgotten anything I knew...

"How did he say you put it into gear?!?!?"
After I drove it around a few times, I worked up to "PTO" speed (Power Take Off? - for running implements like the baler). It was *really* fast. I came back and told Dwayne he needed to try running at PTO speed in third... and this video documents the result: https://youtu.be/rKJACiFGx_s Watch closely at about 20 seconds into the video...
I think two of the "girls" behind me were having a chuckle over that! Or... they were wondering if they could get to his hat and was it eatable!


No comments:

Post a Comment