Tuesday, June 6, 2017

One of the things I can help with!

I have become very "citified" and am not much help around the farm ... if I ever was! ... but there is one job that I've been able to do....
Marigold had twins about a month ago... the little girl calf is lying down in her enclosure... waiting to be fed.... I get to feed the calves as long as I'm around at milking time.

"Oh Yum! my Bottle!!!" Her little tail is just swishing away!

The little boy calf gets his bottle in the hut, so I didn't get a picture of him slurping down his milk - I think in this picture he is saying, "Stop with the pictures, just deliver the bottle!!!"

There is also an older steer (I think he is about 3 months old). I call him "Doofus" because it seems that he sometimes doesn't "get it" that he needs to come to the fence where I have the bottle if he wants to be fed.

It could be, however, that he is intimidated by one of his "cousins" - this is Maxine. She seems to enjoy tormenting "Doofus". When I was feeding him Sunday evening, she would pick him up by putting her head under his body and then "body-slam" him into the gate! It was like a WWF match cow-style! No wonder Doofus gets intimidated!

Maxine was wondering what that thing was in my hand...

So she got up-close and personal with my phone/camera! "Is it edible????"
 Don't you love the green nose/lips?

2 comments: