Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Three Springs Campground in Corinth, Kentucky

We drove to a campground just off I-75 south of Cincinnati today with plans to visit the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum over the next few days.
I was using GasBuddy on my phone to try to decide where the best place might be to get diesel fuel for Miss Doozie - Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, or Illinois. It looked like Ohio and Kentucky had similar prices - I could find some really low prices, but when I looked at the satellite map, either the distance to get to the station would burn up the savings, or it looked like we'd have a difficult time getting in or out... so we elected to stop at a Flying J. For some reason, the pay-at-the-pump didn't work - so I went inside. Even though I didn't have the membership card with me, they could look it up with Dwayne's cellphone number which gives $.05 discount... and then she let me pay with the Sams Club Credit Card which gives 5% rebate. Unfortunately, I had to guess how much we would need to fill, and recommended she pre-charge me for $250. It was pretty close to full, but not all the way - oh well! We last filled up in Virginia between Richmond and Charlottesville, and have been driving in mountains and with the generator running (so we can run the roof air conditioners when it is so hot outside). According to the ProDriver, we've driven 667 miles, and I suspect we needed to put a few more gallons in to fill it, so we're averaging somewhere between 6 and 6.5 miles per gallon. Not great fuel mileage for a car, but really terrific fuel mileage for a house!

We've gotten settled in at Three Springs Campground in Corinth, Kentucky. I was having a really hard time finding any availability in this area, but happened upon this campground and really liked the "attitude" that they had online - really caring about the satisfaction of their customers.

Right behind Miss Doozie is a footbridge over a stream - maybe one of the "three springs"?

It looks like there are black walnuts on the ground, though I wouldn't expect them to be falling yet... I hope one doesn't fall on the top of the bus while we're trying to sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment