Tuesday, July 25, 2017

What time is it in Indiana?

We are staying on the far western edge of central Indiana, the nearest town is St. Bernice, IN. We are in Vermilion County, between Clinton, IN (the mailing address for the campground is Clinton) and Paris, Illinois. We are only a few miles from the Indiana/Illinois border.

When we arrived on Sunday, Dwayne's phone decided that we were in Central time zone, while mine stayed in Eastern time. I knew that Indiana was a state that had part in one time zone and part in another, and I thought that some went on daylight saving time and part did not in order to get the whole state on the same time zone for part of the year.

So, I used Goodsearch and asked "what time is it in Indiana?" - one of the results:
http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/indiana_time_zone.shtml
confirmed for me that we (in the central part of the western side of the state) were on Eastern time.

Then I looked at one of the other search results, on Wikipedia - oh my!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana

Who knew how difficult it could be to know what time it is?!?!?!





No comments:

Post a Comment