Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day!

For Father's Day this year, I thought I would share a few pictures and text from a trip Dwayne and I took in 1992 with both of our Dads and Dwayne's step-mom, Peggy. The pictures and text are scanned in from the album that I created after the trip.

Note: this was before my name had pretty much changed to "Patti" - so, the character referred to as "Pat" was played by me!





















 















(at Fort Davis)










Dad T and Pop C both passed away, just 3 weeks apart, in 1999. We are so glad that we have the memories from this trip with them both to look back on and enjoy. When we got married (in 1989), we knew that our parents were "older" and that we wouldn't have them forever, so we made an effort to ensure that we spent quality time with them while we still had them in our lives. We had taken our Moms to Hawaii in 1991, and then took the trip with our Dads around Texas in 1992 (my Dad wanted to see Texas, and Pop and Peggy were game for it too). When they passed away so close in time to one another, we joked that when they both got to heaven, they would have started reminiscing about their "Epic Journey Around Texas" and all the people in heaven who had not visited Texas would have been jealous! Both of them loved the Lord Jesus and sought to follow Him closely, and led their families to love and serve God. We are thankful for their Godly examples in our lives!

And, Happy Father's Day to my sweet Dwayne too!

No comments:

Post a Comment