Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Crocheting while spending a quiet day at the campground

It seems as if we have been on the go for a while... so it has been nice to have a quiet day at the campground.
At Quartzsite this year, Donna Sue taught us how to make "chemo caps" - hats for ladies who have lost their hair due to chemo treatments. I got a few done and delivered to her before we left Arizona... but got busy with other things and have just now gotten back with making the caps. The 3 in plastic bags are completed, the two blue ones are finished with the hat crocheting, and awaiting flowers and sewing in the ends.

I took the hats out of the ziplock bags to show the flowers, and the upper green one has a band too. I also include a tag with a scripture verse and information about the yarn content.
When I first got yarn, I just got colors that I liked from Walmart (the first yarn I got is one that I used to make the flowers on the two bottom caps - I have now used it all up). While at the Bluebirds nest in Quartzsite, I got help from Pat (a master handiworker, like my sweet sister-by-love, Regina!) - and she recommended that I use cotton yarn as it may be less abrasive to ladies whose head might be tender - so my later caps have been made with cotton yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment